Speak up for change by sending a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Letters to the editor are an effective way to deliver a message to a large audience, and with a provincial election right around the corner this is an opportune moment to advocate for workers.
Your voice matters, and a great story is important to the success of a compelling letter. Pick an issue, then write about how it affects you and why it’s important.
Here are some topics you could write about:
- Fixing the health-care crisis
- Funding public education
- Getting the cost of living under control
And here are some prompts to get you started with your letter:
- What change(s) would you like to see happen in Alberta? Why?
- How does this issue affect you and/or people you know personally?
- “As a nurse/teacher/worker this is important to me because…”
After you’ve written your letter, enter it into the form on this page. Then, fill out your contact information in the fields provided. When you hit submit, our tool will automatically send your letter to the appropriate news editor(s) based on your postal code.
It’s time to demand better from our provincial government. Get your voice heard–write a letter to the editor of your local paper now!