Profitable corporations are taking advantage of us at every turn. It’s time to ban price gouging and tax excess profits. Albertans can’t put food on the table, and these companies are walking away with record earnings.
The best way to do that is by having as many hardworking Albertans call their MLAs. We need to make sure they get the message loud and clear. We won’t back down until the cost of living is addressed.
Call your MLA and demand they tackle the rising cost of living. We’ve drafted a list of talking points for you. All you have to do is hit CALL to be connected to your MLA’s office.
Key talking points:
- All across Alberta, people are hurting. They can’t put food on the table because of rising prices while wages don’t keep up.
- At the same time, large companies are reporting record profits. They’re price gouging groceries that Albertans need to survive. These companies are profiting off the suffering of hardworking Albertans.
- Workers are fed up. We deserve better.
- We expect a provincial plan to tackle inflation that includes a ban on price gouging and a tax on excess profits.
- That means reversing provincial fee increases and extra out-of-pocket expenses for Albertans.